The Director of Digital Marketing will manage the performance and capabilities of the Digital Team to ensure the successful delivery of client products and services including but not limited to Social Media Optimization and Management, Content Development, Search Engine Optimization, Digital Reporting, Digital Advertising, Reputation Management, Email Marketing and Project Management.
This individual will also ensure that processes, as they pertain to the aforementioned digital services, tools and quality, are carried out by each member of the organization in alignment with organizational standards to best support the needs of Zest’s clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the development and performance of the Digital Team, ensuring each team member produces the highest quality of work across the core Digital Marketing Agency Support service areas to positively affect the sales and growth of client relationships.
- Develop, implement and manage Zest process, communication and technical standards for all Digital Marketing Agency Support services and products delivered.
- Collaborate with business development and client services personnel by overseeing the scoping of all projects as it pertains to Digital Marketing Agency Support services to confirm alignment with staff resources, capabilities and capacity.
- Develop and implement a training strategy for all Digital Team personnel. Provide coaching, mentorship and inspiration to each member of the Digital Team to ensure professional growth within the organization.
- Assess organizational gaps in digital resources, and affect solutions including but not limited to hiring, on-boarding and training of internal personnel, and the partnership or solicitation of vendors and outsourced services.
- Drive the performance and development of the Digital Team to meet and exceed organizational goals and expectations.
- Provide Digital Marketing support to the Creative, Tech, Consultation and Business Development teams, focusing on strategic objectives and consistent delivery of client services.
- Assess organizational gaps in digital marketing resources, and affect solutions including the partnership or solicitation of vendors and the outsourcing of services. Manage relationships with vendors to ensure products align with Zest standards for client service delivery.
- Utilize digital marketing skills and expertise to successfully execute tasks and deliver products in line with Zest’s Digital Marketing Agency Support services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field
- 4+ years of experience serving in a digital marketing or project management position in a respected agency
KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Expertise in the use, management and optimization of platforms such as Facebook, Google Business, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Mastery in the use and management of data analysis tools such as SEM Rush, SEO Centro and Google Analytics
- Mastery in the management and optimization of digital advertising platforms including Facebook Business Manager and Google Adwords
- Proficiency in using WordPress
- Proven ability to develop and execute a successful digital advertising campaign with measurable KPI’s
- Mastery in the use of email marketing platforms including Mailchimp, Constant Contact and I-Contact
- Advanced skill using marketing automation platforms such as Hootsuite
- Advanced knowledge of and experience applying search engine optimization strategies
- Exceptional reporting and analysis skills, with experience presenting information in a professional setting
- Experience serving as a project manager, with the ability to apply project management techniques in a dynamic setting
- Advanced ability to provide digital marketing consultation in a professional setting
- Experience in successfully vetting and managing vendor relationships, to include having an expert understanding of the factors that affect the quality of specific vendor products
- Proficiency in using cloud data storage platforms such as Dropbox and Google Drive
- Excellent business writing and copy editing skills with a focus on writing professional blog content and business communications
- Experience managing a team of 3-5 people of mixed backgrounds, skills and experience levels
- Ability to provide, receive and incorporate constructive feedback
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure related to deadlines or high volumes of work
- Ability to switch between tasks effectively without compromising product quality